Thursday 12 June 2008

Anne Hathaway - Hathaways Get Smart Kissing Scene Ruined By Conjunctivitis Scare


ANNE HATHAWAY sparked a conjunctivitis scare on the set of new film GET SMART after realising she was suffering from pinkeye during a snotty kissing scene with co-star STEVE CARELL.

The actress just thought she had a slight cold and didn't realise that the germs she was passing on during a pivotal romance scene was actually a nasty eye infection.

She recalls, "There was a health scare last year where a certain contact lens solution gave you conjunctivitis.

"I won't say the name of it, but it was the one that I used, and I had a sinus infection at the same time.

"I had to go up to Steve with my red and puffy eyes, dripping green; I am just snotty and I'm just like, 'Come here.'

"The worst thing was we didn't know that I had conjunctivitis at the time so I had to call our producer that night and say, 'Yeah, you might want to call Steve and let him know I had pinkeye and my tears kind of got in my mouth when we kissed, so he might want to worry about that!'"

But despite the snotty kiss, Hathaway was thrilled to get the chance to make out with one of her favourite funnymen.

She adds, "Making out with him is like the yummiest lollipop, dipped in sunshine and wrapped in a masculine wrapper! That's the only way I can think to describe it."





See Also